db_writers: Determining appropriate value

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_dvol.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 19:05:44 GMT

I'm running Oracle 7.3.2.3 on HPUX 10.10. What can I query to see if I need additional db writers? Perhaps something from v$waitstat or v$sysstats?

Oracle Education needs to add this to the tuning class. They tell you to use multiple async i/o or multiple db writers - but they don't tell you how to determine how many.
--
Chuck Hamilton
chuckh_at_dvol.com

If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you. Received on Tue Jun 30 1998 - 14:05:44 CDT