Re: Oracle Shutdown Fails

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_pebble.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 18:55:36 GMT

On 30 Jun 1998 06:45:04 GMT, Matthias Gresz <GreMa_at_t-online.de> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>for a cold backup use this:
>
>SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE;
I don't understand how this will work if it is hanging on shutdown immediate.

--
These opinions are my own and not necessarily those of Information Quest or Pebble In The Sky http://www.informationquest.com mailto:jgarry@nospameiq.com http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/joel_garry Remove nospam to reply. mailto:joel_garry_at_compuserve.nospam.com "See your DBA?" I AM the @#%*& DBA! Received on Tue Jun 30 1998 - 13:55:36 CDT