Oracle Web Server Installation Problem

From: <suisum_at_freenet.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: 30 Jun 1998 17:45:15 GMT

Hi Rich:

Re: Oracle Web Server 3.0.1, NT 4.0, Oracle 8.0.4.

Thank you veyr much for your detail explanation.

On Wed, 24 Jun 1998, Rich Richardson wrote:

> Okay, now what you have is the fact that the users IP stack does not
> recognize the server on the Net. If these clients are Windows NT servers
> all you have to do is setup the hosts file in
> C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc. You add the IP address first then the
> name of the server. If your working with some type of DNS server make
> sure the DNS server is setup with the appropriate IP to host name
> mapping.

I had tried the DNS host file and WINS already. But no luck.

> Another thing you may want to try. Check to see if the users can ping
> the host by IP address alone. This will cause a different solution path.
> If they can try your URL with the ip such as
> http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:PORT.
>
> If you cannot ping this will not work.

I had also tried ping/tnsping/telnet 999.99.99.999 but no luck. I had also tried http://999.99.99.999:8888/, but still no luck.

When I go back to the installation log, I have the following errors:

ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not performed OWS-05554: DAD DBA successfully written. Verify the output in D:\ORANT\ows\admin\ows\WEBSITE30\wrb\log\DBA.lst OWS-05554: DAD DEFAULT successfully written. Verify the output in D:\ORANT\ows\admin\ows\WEBSITE30\wrb\log\DEFAULT.lst OWS-05554: DAD CONTENT successfully written. Verify the output in D:\ORANT\ows\admin\ows\WEBSITE30\wrb\log\CONTENT.lst

OWS-05500: PL/SQL Agent OWA_DBA successfully written
OWS-05500: PL/SQL Agent OWA_DEFAULT_SERVICE successfully written
OWS-05500: PL/SQL Agent LOG_ANALZ_SERVICE successfully written

> Your main situation at this point is getting your Web Server to be
> recognized by the client workstations through IP.

Yes, exactly. Am I correct:

  1. start the Oracle 8 and start the OracleTNSListener.
  2. start the wrb.
  3. start admin.
  4. start www.

Anything is missing?

Best regards, Received on Tue Jun 30 1998 - 12:45:15 CDT