Re: Direct Path Load and Log Files

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 16:01:02 GMT

A copy of this was sent to Todd Haddaway <haddaway_at_umbc.edu> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Tue, 30 Jun 1998 10:22:58 -0400, you wrote:

>I used SQL Loader Direct Path method to load a table and noticed that I
>was still generating a lot of redo/archive logs. I thought direct path
>methods are not logged? Why am I getting this log file activity??

They will be logged if the database is in archive log mode. They will not be written to the log if the database is in noarchive log mode....

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Tue Jun 30 1998 - 11:01:02 CDT