oracleSID background process memory usage

From: <nikhilsud_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 14:25:21 GMT

When I upgraded from Oracle 7.0.15/HPUX 9.0.4 to Oracle 7.2.3/HPUX 10.20, I noticed something really strange. The oracleSID background connection processes have grown from a memory size of 3-4MB to about 8-10MB. This is even true for just connecting to ORACLE (without running any queries). This has caused all our memory to get chewed up and the system swaps frequently.

Does anyone know if this is a configurable parameter, at either the HP or Oracle level. Please post reply or email me at sudn_at_delcoremy.com.

Thanks