100% CPU after thonderstorm ....

From: Ruedi.Schwitter <Ruedi.Schwitter_at_bluewin.ch>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 09:06:05 +0200

Hy there

after a little thonderstorm, all users (ca. 80) have lost the connect to the database, the network was fail for a few secondes. But the CPU on the server was climbing to 100% and the xload was 40 times higher than normal.

We aren't able to made a connect internal to shutdown and start the database properly. At least , we must kill all the ora processes by hand
(kill -9) and start the database again. Luckely, we havent lost any
data, but now, we want know, who we can preserve a such database state ?

Has anyone an idea ?

( I was quite new in the oracle buissness ...)

Regards Ruedi :-)
--
Ruedi.Schwitter_at_clariden.com
Claridenstrasse 26