Regarding installation of Oracle 8 on WIN NT 4.0

From: <SBadami_at_hiso.honeywell.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 05:55:26 GMT

Hi,

  I recently downloaded Personal Oracle 8.0 from oracle website. I downloaded a file po8mle.exe which is of size 158,898 KB. When I try to execute this exe the following is the error message I got.

D:\adobereader\Download>po8mle
UnZipSFX 5.20 of 30 April 1996, by Info-ZIP (Zip-Bugs_at_wkuvx1.wku.edu).   End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not   a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the   latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on   the last disk(s) of this archive.

The installation documents asks to use the Oracle Installer. But with this file no *.prd gets downloaded.

So is there any other specific procedure to install this personal Oracle 8. I had logged in as Administrator to install this PO 8.0

If any idea please let me know.

Bye then
Srinivas S Badami