Re: How to move system tablespace from one filesystem to another?

From: JHY <jhy_at_earthling.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 23:40:04 -0400

Another way:

If you haven't done this before make sure you have a good backup before doing anything. Issue the "alter system backup control file to trace" command. Find the trace file thats created. It will contain a create control file command with all the datafiles and paths. Shut down your database cleanly (don't shutdown abort). Move all your datafiles to their new locations, then edit that trace file to reflect the new locations. Execute that trace file from svrmgr and you should be good to go. Don't mess up or you'll be sorry. Did I mention that you should backup everything first?