Re: Import and export of database?

From: JHY <jhy_at_earthling.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 23:04:56 -0400

Your export should work. When importing use ignore=y. Make sure all the tablespaces that were in your source database have already been created in your target database, otherwise import will try to create the tablespace using the path spec from the source database.

I would drop cascade all non-system/sys users from your target database before the import. Let the import recreate everything, this way you don't have to mess around with disabling/enabling constraints.

When you ftp an export file, make sure you set the transfer mode to binary or image. ASCII mode will corrupt the export file.