Re: What about NT to UNIX migration?

From: JHY <jhy_at_earthling.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 21:06:00 -0400

Your staff not only needs to be trained on UNIX, they need to be trained on administering Oracle on UNIX. Make that Oracle on Solaris, which is subtlely different from Oracle on HPUX which is different from AIX which is different from ULTRIX...

If you don't have or can't get an experienced Oracle Solaris DBA your "cure" could be worse than your current problems. May be the answer is just new hardware, not a whole new operating system (and hardware).