What's the best way to do this?

From: Earl Hokens <hokens_at_ti.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 11:14:02 -0500

Running Oracle 8.

I need to construct a temporary table from a Price table and a change table. (I know temp tables are not possible in Oracle) The "temp" table is constructed on user login and destroyed on user logout. The "temp" table has multiple queries and updates done to it (queries must show the all updates) on exiting the applet all changes to the "temp" table are recorded in the change table.

What is the best way of accomplishing this?

Possible answers I have (offer others if you know one!) are:

  1. put changes to the change file (commit them on exit) and queries are always the joins of price and change tables. Do uncommitted changes show on a query?
  2. create another table on startup and drop it on exit.
  3. ?????

Regards,
Earl Received on Mon Jun 29 1998 - 11:14:02 CDT