Re: PL/SQL Location

From: Willem Dekker <willem_at_serc.nl>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 16:32:19 +0200

Jonathan Gennick wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Jun 1998 16:12:28 +0100, Dan Benwell
> <danbenwell_at_dial.pipex.com> wrote:
>
> >Does anyone know where PL/SQL i.e. the souce
> >and p-code is held in Oracle. I know I can see it
> >through the data dictionaries so does this mean that
> >it is stored in the SYSTEM tablespace or the default
> >for the user.
>
> I would bet it depends on who owns the object. Since Oracle
> has to enforce quotas and such, it would make sense for each
> user's objects to end up in their default tablespace.
>
> I could be wrong though<g>.

You are.

The source of PL/SQL procedures, packages are stored in sys.source$
The arguments are stored in sys.argument$. The compiled code is stored in the tables sys.idl_ub1$, sys.idl_ub2$, sys.idl_char$ and sys.idl_sb4$

All the information of packages and procedures is stored in the system tablespace, it is an integral part of the data dictionary. But this information (it comes from reading sql.bsq) is not officially documented by Oracle, and thus they can change it between versions.

Willem Received on Mon Jun 29 1998 - 09:32:19 CDT