Big performace decrease when running qry from two clients.

From: Michal Porebski <michalp_at_winuel.com.pl>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 13:06:00 GMT

Hello everybody!

I've noticed following behavior when running simultaneous queries from on my db. (Oracle 7.3.3 on Sun Solaris, simple select by row id from one
1 million row table using one index on date column).

When two users do "select..." one after another (I mean serially, that is second "select" is issued after first response)
a query lasts 10-15 sec. ( of course the second one is faster).

But if clients issue queries at the same time they wait for a response approx 1,5 min.

Why such a time difference between those two cases?

Any comments appreciated.

--

Michal Received on Mon Jun 29 1998 - 08:06:00 CDT