Multiple Databases

From: Mikael Schonenberg <micke_at_netg.se>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 13:27:44 +0200

 Hiyas!

 Running 7.3.2.1 on an NT (obviously) and need to set up multiple databases. Creating two databases is not a problem, both with unique SIDs of course, and both seems to be running just fine (at least according to the Instance Manager) but I can't seem to be able to connect to the new (second) database in any way. SQLNet complaints that "ORA-12505: TNS:listener could not resolve SID given in connect descriptor". One would assume now, that I have confed SQLNet incorrect, giving it the wrong SID but I have checked that. The SID I use is the SID I told the Instance Manager to use when I set up the database (and, of course, the SID Instance Manager claims is running perfectly too).

 I'd be more than grateful for any ideas on how to solve this...

 Mikael Schönenberg	micke_at_netg.se	Growing old is mandatory.
 NetGuide Scandinavia	www.netg.se	Growing wise is optional.