Problem with connection to server manager

From: cb_cds <cb_cds_at_active.ch>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 07:37:50 +0200

Hi

We had a problem with our Oracle 7.3.3 server on Sun Solaris 2.5.1. There were more or less 80 user connected. After a network problem there where 160 connection.
The performance of the system went down to a state where working was not possible. So we tried to shut down the server, after all user processes were killed. But we could not connect to the database with server manager. Also the cpu of the system was 100% in use. Did any one of you know that problem? Is there something wron in our configuration?

We sometimes have a similar problem where only the cpu is full in use. Then we have a also double of the connections to the database than users. By the way: the users connect using SQL*Net and an application written with products from Centura Soft (Gupta...).

Please send any comments to christoph.widmer_at_clariden.com

Thanks a lot

Christoph Received on Mon Jun 29 1998 - 00:37:50 CDT