Re: NLS

From: Michael Pelzelmeyer <michael.pelzelmeyer_at_herba-chemosan.at>
Date: 1998/06/28

I think the information is lost because the client does a conversion from us7ascii to we8iso8859p1; since the server is defined as 7-bit. On the server however, if NLS_LANG ist set to ....US7ASCII there is no conversion, the characters are passed without any modifications. Do you load the data from the client or from the server? (I think you load from the server, if you load it form the client, the 8th bit would be dropped...)
HTH
Michael