Java Access Classes on POLITE

From: Martin Ramsay <martin_at_tardis.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 1998/06/27

Hi,

Any help would be very much appreciated for the following :

From reading the documentation I understand that POL automatically maps tables to classes.

With the following defined :

POLConnection aPOLConnection =
POLConnection.getConnection("E:\ORANT\POLDB\POLITE.ODB",0); POLClass aPOLClass = POLClass.findClass(aPOLConnection,"DEPT");

I tried defining an iterator as follows :

POLIterator anIterator = new POLIterator(aPOLClass, false, "DEPTNO = 10")

When I supplied the search condition show above the application dies with no exceptions reported. Running the app with the "-verbose" option shows that the "IncompatibleClassChangeError.class" is the last class loaded.

Further 'rtfm'-ing suggests to me that the DEPTNO column is being mapped to a java.Math.BigDecimal.
I thought that perhaps I needed to supply a different search condition, something like "DEPTNO.intValue() = 10"
but this just results in a parse error.

Now I'm stumped. Has anyone got this to work ?

Regards,

Martin Ramsay Received on Sat Jun 27 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT