Re: Help SQL Statement

From: Jonathan Gennick <gennick_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1998/06/27

On Fri, 26 Jun 1998 22:20:11 +0200, "Ralf Bender" <Ralf.Bender_at_wolnet.de> wrote:

>I think my view is very slow, and there are not many datas for an oracle
>database. What must/can I do to run it fast ?
>
>Please, explain me what to do.

First I would suggest reading up on the EXPLAIN PLAN command. You can use it to see Oracle's execution plan for the query. Once you know what Oracle is doing, you have some idea how to attack the problem. There are optimizer hints that you can use to force certain execution plans. You may just need to create some indexes, but use EXPLAIN PLAN first.

regards,

Jonathan Received on Sat Jun 27 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT