Object Dependencies -- How to search for a sub string ?

From: SRINIVAS CHIKKA <SCHIKKA_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 13:40:19 -0400

Hi,

    I have to develop a package that is used for object dependency analysis. Given a table name, I should list all the objects that are dependent on it. I have developed packaged procedures to list the index names, index columns and triggers that are defined on the table.

    I have problems finding out what packages or stored procedures and functions and views are dependent on the table.

    I am trying to search for the table name from user_views.text But it being a long column, I can not use SUBSTR or INSTR on it. Is there a way to see what views are based on the table ?

   Similarly, how to find out what packages or stored procs and funcs refer this table ?

I have to do it thru a package.

Any ideas are of great help.

Thanks in Advance,
Srinivas.Chikka. Received on Sat Jun 27 1998 - 12:40:19 CDT