Re: Rereshing one snapshot in 2 different ways?

From: Mauro <sbffn_at_vgf.vg>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 13:58:34 GMT

On Fri, 26 Jun 1998 13:07:36 +0200, Marion Kippers <Marion.Kippers_at_wkap.nl> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have a question concerning refreshing snapshots.
>
>Is it possible to have two different scheduled refreshes for one and
>the same snapshot?

-snip-

>How would I go about to implement this? Can I schedule those two jobs
>as described above? Could I include a complete refresh in automatic
>(fast) refresh job number 1? Would I need to do the complete refresh
>manually? Any other options?

Sure, just call the DBMS_REFRESH procedure whenever you want. When you create the snapshot the refresh options are used to create an entry into Oracle job queues.
Just add a second job (via DBMS_JOB package) and you're done.

Alternatively, you could wipe the jobs definitions from Oracle job queues and do everything from cron or another scheduler.

>Please (also) reply to me privately at Marion.Kippers_at_wkap.nl since I
>don't get to read this newsgroup often. Thanks!

In the good ol' days of Usenet saying this was tantamount to murder :)

--
Mauro.

(My return address is intentionally invalid; ROT13 is required. As someone already told this audience, my responses are not to be considered official technical support or advice.) Received on Fri Jun 26 1998 - 08:58:34 CDT