Re: SQL LOADER

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_pebble.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 23:41:09 GMT

On Fri, 26 Jun 1998 09:17:40 -0500, Jayesh Thakker <jthakker_at_nortel.com> wrote:
>I am trying to load data from a huge log file into a table, the log file
>is not formated and the field sizes are also not fixed, is there any way
>that i can do this using sqlloader or any other tool to populate the
>table.
>Thanks,
>- Jayesh

I prefer to use unix tools to through out unused data and massage the logs into a simple form for the loader.

--
These opinions are my own and not necessarily those of Information Quest or Pebble In The Sky http://www.informationquest.com mailto:jgarry@nospameiq.com http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/joel_garry Remove nospam to reply. mailto:joel_garry_at_compuserve.nospam.com "See your DBA?" I AM the @#%*& DBA! Received on Fri Jun 26 1998 - 18:41:09 CDT