nls_date_format

From: <tmurphy_at_pinnsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 18:03:51 GMT

When I set my unix init.ora to:
  nls_date_format = "DD MON RRRR"
then restart the instance, the svrmgr "show parameters nls" shows the new format.
also, when I start SQLplus and do a "select * from v$nls_parameters", my new format is active in my session and all is well.

When I do the same on NT, the "show parameters nls" shows the new format, but the sessions end up with the standard "DD-MON-YY" format. If I explictly "alter session set nls_date_format = 'DD MON RRRR'", then that session is OK, but the instance wide default is still "DD-MON-YY".

Any clues on why Oracle acts differently on NT than Unix?

Thanks!