Re: NT vs. UNIX for oracle server

From: Jim W <no_spam_mavp05_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 09:34:11 +0100

We currently run Oracle predominantly on Unix, Sequent Dynix to be exact, and also an 8.0.4 instance on NT. I'm a Unix man myself and therefore don't rate NT from my recent, rather limited, experience of it.

Don't let this put you off. There is a document that was written by an un-biased guy who compared NT and Unix. Oracle and databases in general are mentioned but it is a VERY interesting read on the whole topic.

Hopefully this will be some info that will help your decision.

The doc: http://www.kirch.net/unix-nt.html

Cheers,
Jim.