Re: Help sought with Personal Oracle 8 for Win95 & D2K

From: John Leggitt <johnml_at_istar.ca>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 03:31:45 GMT

I have exactly the same problem. I have been able to get it to connect in some cases with some suggestions from Oracle Support.

Essentially you have to start the listener after starting the database and get it to listen with TCP/IP. You then create a TCP/IP connect string/alias in Net Easy Configuration. You may need to modify the listener.ora file in orawin95/net80/admin and the tnsnames.ora file in orawin95/netwrok/admin. You probably will be able to connect with a tcp-loopback or you might have to log on to the internet in order to allow your computer name to be resolved to a true IP address.

Good luck and if you come up with a final fix that works in all Win95 configurations let me know.