Re: Insert a long field

From: michael t hudacko <hudacko_at_bbdo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 21:02:38 GMT

I'm working on the same problem in building a document database. Apparently quoted 'string literals' cannot exceed 2000 characters? (But then that the reason I defined the fields as LONG rather than VARCHAR2!?)

John Ma <john_ma_at_hp.com> wrote in article <359294A0.769E_at_hp.com>... ORA-01704: string literal too long