TEMP tablespace growth mystery!

From: <stuco_at_mailcity.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 19:20:42 GMT

I was gathering statistics on my databases like I always do this time of the week and noticed that my TEMP tablespace that was 40MB is now 170MB!

Not knowing how and when this happened, I looked at my alert log to find out. But I found no record of an "ALTER TABLESPACE" transaction ever taking place.

I did find that two days ago, there was a message that the TEMP tablespace could not extend iself by a certain number of bytes, but from that point on, everything in my alert log look fine.

Did my TEMP tablespace allocate iself more table space?? If so, how come there is no record of it doing so?? And, where can I go to find out when this happened??

I am so in the dark about this!

Thanks for your willingness to help! As someone once wrote, we are all in Oracle Hell!

Stuart L. Cowen
Paladin Consulting - Dallas