URGENT: How to DISABLE and then REBUILD index?

From: KG <kkethine_at_cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 10:17:34 -0700

Hi

How can I disable an index when I am inserting into the table and after inserting If I use ALTER INDEX .. REBUILD, will the index be valid?

The problem is drop and create an index on a 10GB table is taking 15 minutes even with options parallel degree 14 and unrecoverable.

Why there is 1K free space left in my table with 8K block and 0.5K rowsize even when I gave PCTFREE 2.

TIA
KG Received on Thu Jun 25 1998 - 12:17:34 CDT