Re: scheduler in Oracle

From: Mauro <sbffn_at_vgf.vg>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 13:23:29 GMT

On Tue, 23 Jun 1998 13:31:18 GMT, saqib.zulfiqar_at_cressoft.com.pk (Saqib Zulfiqar) wrote:

>Hi all,
>Is there a way to execute a stored procedure (or any other program
>unit in the database)periodically after a certain interval of time.
Give the DBMS_JOB package a try. I believe it's in the Procedural Option.

Don't forget to set values for job... in your INIT.ORA   job_queue_processes=2 #two background processes   job_queue_interval=60 #the processes wake up every 60 seconds

--
Mauro.

(My return address is intentionally invalid; ROT13 is required. As someone already told this audience, my responses are not to be considered official technical support or advice.) Received on Thu Jun 25 1998 - 08:23:29 CDT