Re: NEED CBT on DBA & SQL

From: Robin Bishop <rmb8_at_bton.ac.uk>
Date: 25 Jun 1998 10:07:12 GMT

Check out the Oracle web site for details of their "Learning Architecture" (OLA). I think they have some online demo courses available there if you can wait ;-).

We also looked at offerings from CBT Systems (http://www.cbtsys.com) and Learning Tree International (http://www.learningtree.com) and eventually bought in the CBT Systems training. I've found this to be pretty good and it can be deployed via Intranet for anyone in your organisation to use (nightmare to install on Unix servers though - designed for NT, also uses plugins only available for Windows so throw away your Mac or Xterm!).

I've downloaded Oracle's Certified DBA sample test and, while I haven't gone through all of it yet by any means, I have successfully passed the bits that I've done the CBT for.

Hope this helps.

Abdulati Mustafa <abdulati_at_mail.emirates.net.ae> wrote in article <6mr00j$ljt_at_ws1.emirates.net.ae>...