Re: Format of /etc/oratab file on Unix

From: Robin Bishop <rmb8_at_bton.ac.uk>
Date: 25 Jun 1998 09:51:53 GMT

Thanks to all those who replied. I simply wanted the information because it is alleged in the documentation that the Web-based administration tools use it to identify the available instances on the machine. My machine didn't have /etc/oratab set up so I wanted to see if I could create one. Subsequently, however, I discovered that on Sun installations oratab is actually placed at /var/opt/oracle. Other Sun users take note. --
Robin Bishop
University of Brighton Computer Centre Received on Thu Jun 25 1998 - 04:51:53 CDT