Re: Error 7269 with ORACLE 6

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_pebble.org>
Date: 1998/06/24

On Fri, 19 Jun 1998 14:38:30 +0200, Jose NEBOT <Jose.Nebot_at_estit.fupl.asso.fr> wrote:

>What is the error 7269, which i got with the following sentences
>SQLDBA> startup
>ORA-00445: background process 'PMON' didn't start
>ORA-07269: spdcr: detached process died after exec.
>The OACLE Book says the iit's a UNIX error but what is then number of the
>UNIX error
>I use a AVIION 4120 from DATA GENERAL AVIION-DG/UX with ORACLE 6
>Jose NEBOT - Laboratoire d'Informatique Industrielle
>Responsable Informatique
>ESTIT, 52 Allée LAKANAL, BP 209
>F-59654 VILLENEUVE d'ASCQ
>Phone: (+33) 03 20 79 90 22
>Fax: (+33) 03 20 79 90 11
>Email: Jose.Nebot_at_estit.fupl.asso.fr
>Web: http://www.fupl.asso.fr/estit

% oerr ora 7269
07269, 00000, "spdcr: detached process died after exec."

// *Cause:  Detached process succesfully execed, but died shortly thereafter.
//          Additional information indicates exit code, and termination status.
// *Action: Check termination code for information as to why process exited.
//          Check for core dump or trace file.

Do you have a high enough process limit?

--
These opinions are my own and not necessarily those of Information Quest
or Pebble In The Sky                     http://www.informationquest.com