Re: Immediate need for ORACLE DBA, up to 135K, OREGON ! Full-time!.

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_pebble.org>
Date: 1998/06/24

On Sat, 20 Jun 1998 12:48:49 -0700, Leveridge & Friedman INC <john_at_leveridge-friedman.com> wrote:
>--------------D15B4F057611EA6B5EC30EFC
>
>Summary of Database Administrator Position
>
>Install, operate, and support multiple database systems and related
>technologies used by software engineering, consulting, and technical
>support.
>
>Location: Corvallis, OR
>
>Reports To: Manager of IT Engineering Services
>
>No supervisory responsibility.
>
>Job Duties
>
> Install, maintain, and operate database systems, both client and
>server components, in a multi-database, multi-operating system
>environment.
> Work with vendors to obtain software and hardware and to resolve
>operational problems.
> Provide operational database systems support to in-house staff,
>including engineering, consulting, and technical support.
> Track database system versions and availability.
> Work outside of normal work hours as required to provide adequate
>support.
> Adhere to company values.
>
>Skills & Knowledge
>
> Demonstrated proficiency in the installation, maintenance, and
>operation of one or more of the following:
> database systems: Oracle (preferred), Sybase, Informix, DB2, Ingres,
>or SQL Server running on Solaris, HP/UX, AIX, or NT systems.
> Must be a quick self-learner, capable of learning to manage new
>database systems without formal education or training.
> Must be organized and thorough.
> Need good communications skills, both externally (with vendors) and
>internally (with engineers, consultants, and support technicians).
> Must be a team player, able to work effectively with others
>especially in high pressure situations.
>
>Education & Experience
>
> Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field preferred.
> Two or more years of experience in database administration,
>preferably in an internal support organization.
>
>Salary Range: Open
>
>--
>John D Allen President
>Leveridge & Friedman INC v1(602) 899 9341.
>Paradise Valley AZ 85253 f1(602) 899 3548.
>http://www.leveridge-friedman.com
>John_at_leveridge-friedman.com
>Networks -> Choice -> Quality -> Morality
>

>--------------D15B4F057611EA6B5EC30EFC
>
>begin: vcard
>fn: John Allen
>n: Allen;John
>org: Leveridge-Friedman INC
>adr: ;;;Paradise Valley;Arizona;85253;USA !
>email;internet: john_at_leveridge-friedman.com
>title: President
>tel;work: (602) 899 9341
>tel;fax: (602) 899 3548
>x-mozilla-cpt: ;0
>x-mozilla-html: FALSE
>version: 2.1
>end: vcard
>

>--------------D15B4F057611EA6B5EC30EFC--

Please do not post job ads in comp.databases.oracle.server. You may post job ads in comp.databases.oracle.marketplace. Please cancel your mispost.

The Oracle hierarchy is explained in the group charters. These are at: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/joel_garry/oraclech.htm

jg

--
These opinions are my own and not necessarily those of Information Quest
or Pebble In The Sky                     http://www.informationquest.com