Re: User defined functions in SQL: is it possible?

From: Dave Wotton <Dave.Wotton_at_it.no-spam.camcnty.gov.uk>
Date: 24 Jun 1998 13:36:19 GMT

Dave Wotton <Dave.Wotton_at_it.no-spam.camcnty.gov.uk> wrote in article <01bd9ebf$4add4840$7501020a_at_res1181.Camcnty.gov.uk>...

> I'm trying to write a user-defined function which I can call from SQL.

   [ snip ]

> So my next experiment was to include the function in a package. The
> package compiles ok, but I get the error ORA-6571, when I try to
> execute a select statement which calls my packaged function.

   [ snip ]

> It looks like it might work. Does anyone have any idea what this pragma
> might be? I can find very little documentation about pragma statements.

ok, solved my own problem, thanks to the O'Reilley book: "Advanced PL/SQL programming with packages."

Apparently the required pragma statement was:

    PRAGMA RESTRICT_REFERENCES ( function_name , WNDS );

Dave. Received on Wed Jun 24 1998 - 08:36:19 CDT