How to be freed EXTENTED space?

From: Katsunori Michida <kmichida_at_cba.att.ne.jp>
Date: 24 Jun 1998 16:38:50 GMT

Hello. I'm a Japanese boy. I'have two questions. (I'msorry I am poor in English.)
We are running a Solaris 2.5.1 and Oracle 8.0.3 . The userTables are extended when we delete or insert rows many times. But total rows are equal to berore what we have done so. Please tell us the way to rerease the unnecessary extended area. We know we can use the command "truncate table ..." BUT we don't want to delete the rows. We know how to copy a table , but we don't have use space to create copy table.

Another question is how to join the small free spaces . We want to create a large space
to create a large table.
Once we tried a command " alter table tablename coalesce ..." BUT we failed. Received on Wed Jun 24 1998 - 11:38:50 CDT