Re: Newbie questions

From: Alfons Riesebeek <A.Riesebeek_at_wxs.nl>
Date: 24 Jun 1998 12:55:24 GMT

Ketil

The tar file option should work if you first make a "alter database backup controlefile to (trace or filename)" on your local/source system. A trace file is created. This file you can edit and all local/source  path should be changed in de remote/destination path's. In this script you can also see which file's should be copied. Then you can start up the remote database by executing this trace script.

Regards,
Alfons Riesebeek

Ketil Z Malde <ketil_at_ii.uib.no> schrijfbewerkingen: >