Re: Oracle and Linux

From: Bjorn Borud <borud_at_guardian.no>
Date: 24 Jun 1998 12:38:26 +0200

[Oliver Belikan <ob_at_neurotec.de>]

| Helllo,
|
| i´m searching for an free Oracle-Server which is installable on
| Linux-platforms. I heared about an Oracle-SCO CD ?

there's no such thing as a free Oracle version. you can get a trial version that will expire after a number of days, but now free version.

and definitively not a Linux version.

(one would be tempted to speculate that Oracle is part of some cabal  that backs Microsoft by not providing a port to an OS that has a  larger installed base than Microsofts "server flagship" -- or one  could conclude that Oracle management is just daft. according to  Occam's Razor the latter is more probable.)

-Bjørn
--

 Bjørn Borud <borud_at_guardian.no>       | "The Net interprets censorship
 <URL:http://www.pvv.unit.no/~borud/>  | as damage and routes around it."