Re: How to grant SYSDBA privilege to user?

From: lange Francois <flange_at_pt.lu>
Date: 24 Jun 1998 07:57:07 GMT

Hi,
Here is the solution for UNIX. So sorry I don't realy know NT.

step1 )

	Execute the fllowing command to create the orapwd$ORACLE_SID file.
		cd $ORACLE_HOME/dbs
		orapawd file=orapw$ORACLE_SID password=sys_password entries=128
step2)
	Change the init.ora file
		remote_login_passwordfile=exclusive
setp3)
	shutdown + startup
setp4)
	grant sysoper to sysman ;

step5) Call him.

Check you documentation for NT change.

--
Regards LANGE Francois.
flange_at_pt.lu

Mike Harrison wrote in article <6mm1kr$s50_at_edrn.newsguy.com>...
> I am having a problem. A consultant recently reinstalled our Oracle
7.3.2.3.1 NT
> server and I can no longer shutdown the database. It says "Insufficient
> privileges" when I try to log on as sysman with SYSDBA. Also, he set a
password
> on the Internal user and didn't tell me what it was? How do I a) get
SYSDBA