Single Table Clusters (Oracle7) - Experiences?

From: Brian McCabe <brian_at_mitc.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 09:18:46 +0100

Hello...

We are currently considering building single table clusters on a number of large Tables to force related rows into the same block, so achieving I/O performance gains. We are running 7.3.3 - Oracle8 is not yet an option for us.

If anyone has any experiences (good bad or ugly) of single table partitions (with B-tree rather than hash indices), then please let me know.

Thanks in advance..

Brian McCabe
brian_at_mitc.demon.co.uk Received on Wed Jun 24 1998 - 03:18:46 CDT