Cached tables

From: Ian Jennings <ij_at_microware.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 08:41:47 +0100

Hi all,

I wonder if someone could advise me please. I am trying to figure out the best way of tuning an Oracle 7.3 database running on an NT4 machine.

I have several small tables (between 10 and 15 rows) that are lookup tables and that are created as cached and for which the values never change. It seemed to make sense to keep them cached but what are the implications of having indexes on them? They are used in a *lot* of joins. Would not indexes slow down any access to them if they are already available? Each table has a row size of about 60.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

TIA --

Ian Jennings
Microware Data Services

This post is made entirely from recycled ones and noughts