Username and password specification

From: M.Asokan <asokan_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 03:17:21 +0000

My knowledge about Oracle is limited. I have a C program that uses Oracle client OCI library functions. If I want to run this program(which is statically linked to OCI library,) on a machine that doesn't have Oracle client installed, what kind of steps do I need to take while specifying user name and password? Does the olog function look at some specific directories for alias definitions? By the way, the program runs fine with scott/tiger as user name and password on the machine where Oracle is installed.

Any help will be appreciated. Received on Tue Jun 23 1998 - 22:17:21 CDT