ebu with hot backup

From: John Wang <rwang_at_erols.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 22:19:35 -0400

hi, all:

we are using hp/ux 10.20 with oracle 7.3.4 with emc mass storage system. we are using EBU to do hot backup. we are having a problem with backup. here is the story. EBU backup seemed fine. I looked at the backup log file, there was no errors. the EBU script file looks pretty straight and simple, it looks like the following:

backup online database
archivelog
db_name
log='blah/blah'

then we did a restore. the restore went fine. then we tried to recover the database, it kept saying it is trying to open this arvhive log file and for some reason it cannot. the only reason we can figure is that when the backup is done, EBU did not do a log switch. so, the last arvhive log is still open, since it is open, it did not get backed up correctly. then i talked to a friend of mine, she said in their EBU backup log file, they have 'switch logfile' in there and EBU worked fine. but they were using Oracle 7.3.3 with Sun. So, has anyone out there experienced the same problem with EBU backup? Do you know if Oracle has any patch for oracle 7.3.4 EBU utility?

Thanks

John W. Received on Tue Jun 23 1998 - 21:19:35 CDT