ConText DML server is hanging

From: <jon_at_virtualf.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 16:01:13 GMT

My ConText DML server is hanging on DML queue requests. Here's the lowdown:

I am using the new Master/Detail storage configuration that was added in Oracle ConText v2.3. I have one ConText server handling all DML and DDL requests. It merrily handles all updates to particular documents. However, it seems to get stuck on certain requests, and never moves on to the other requests in the queue. Here's an example from CTX_all_dml_queue:

CID: 1369
POL_NAME: CU_POLICY_A
SID: 1410723
PKEY: CU_chart
TIME: 22-JUN-98 The rest of the rows in the queue look like the following (altho the PKEY entries are all different):

CID: 1369
POL_NAME: CU_POLICY_A
SID: PENDING
PKEY: 18529
TIME: 23-JUN-98 Here's the error from CTX_index_errors:

HANDLE: 430388 POL_NAME: CU_POLICY_A PK: CU_chart ERRORS: DRG-10000: failed to read column CONSUMER_OWNER.CU_DOCUMENTS_A.CU_CHART ORA-01002: fetch out of sequence

I am unsure what action leads to the destructive DML entry. All of my updates today have been to specific documents (thus the numeric PKEYs), but I don't know what the value of "CU_chart" means. That is indeed the indexed key in the master table, but I don't understand the significance of its inclusion here.

Thanks for your time.