Re: CTX_QUERY.Highlight with CLOB ??

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 12:14:43 GMT

On Tue, 23 Jun 1998 08:13:18 GMT, Richard_Hirsch_at_hotmail.com wrote:

<snip>
>Is it possible to highlight a table with a clob column?
>
>(I am using Oracle 8, Context 2.06 on NT)
>
>When I run this simple test case using plus80.exe, I get the message 'ERROR:
>piece-wise fetching' for ctx_query.highlight call but no exception. The
>value in the document column is null. I assume that the problem is related to
>the fact that the result table uses a long instead of a clob for the document
>column. When I try to use a clob for the result table, the Query server
>crashes.
>
>The test case is based on the Oracle Government Context Tutorial
>(http://govt.us.oracle.com/stage/context/context_tutorial.html).
>

>Thanks
>Richard Hirsch
>Siemens Austria
>Richard.Hirsch_at_siemens.at

</snip>

It is possible to highlight a table with a CLOB column...just not in your release. :) In all seriousness, you have stumbled across a software defect (a.k.a. bug) that is in the 2.0.6 release as well as the 2.3.6 release of Oracle8 8.0.4. It is being actively investigated.

Hope this helps.
Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Government, Education, & Health

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com

jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Tue Jun 23 1998 - 07:14:43 CDT