insufficient privileges when tryning to truncate table.

From: <rune.slinning_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 08:20:26 GMT

Hi!

I have an Oracle 7.3.3 installation with three schemas, adb, cdb and dfo. I have defined 3 users with the same name as the schemas which owns the tables in their schemas.

From SQL plus, logged in as user adb, I tried to truncate a table in schema cdb, I'll get the follwing error message:

SQL> truncate table cdb.unit;
truncate table cdb.unit

                   *

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

SQL> According to the Oracle manuals, the users must be granted delete table to be able to truncate the table. The adb user is given the following grant:

grant select any table to adb;
grant delete any table to adb;
grant update any table to adb;
grant insert any table to adb;

Do anybody know why user adb can't truncate tables in schema cdb?

Rune