CTX_QUERY.Highlight with CLOB ??

From: <Richard_Hirsch_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 08:13:18 GMT

Is it possible to highlight a table with a clob column?

(I am using Oracle 8, Context 2.06 on NT)

When I run this simple test case using plus80.exe, I get the message 'ERROR: piece-wise fetching' for ctx_query.highlight call but no exception. The value in the document column is null. I assume that the problem is related to the fact that the result table uses a long instead of a clob for the document column. When I try to use a clob for the result table, the Query server crashes.

The test case is based on the Oracle Government Context Tutorial (http://govt.us.oracle.com/stage/context/context_tutorial.html).

Thanks
Richard Hirsch
Siemens Austria
Richard.Hirsch_at_siemens.at

Testcase below:

drop table html;

create table html( id number primary key, text clob );

insert into html values( 1, '<b>Document Title</b>' ); commit;

exec ctx_ddl.drop_index ('html_policy');

exec ctx_ddl.drop_policy ('html_policy');

exec ctx_ddl.create_policy( 'html_policy','html.text', filter_pref
=>'ctxsys.html_filter' );

exec ctx_ddl.create_index( 'html_policy' );

select * from html where contains( html.text, 'document' )>0;

select * from html where contains( html.text, 'b' )>0;

drop table highlight;

create table highlight( id number, document long );

exec ctx_query.highlight( 'html_policy', '1', 'document', mutab => 'highlight' );

select document from highlight;