Space Management - Today

From: Rowan McCammon <rowan_mccammon_at_amp.com.au>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 16:46:30 +1000

Hi all,

I've have been reading a whole lot of interesting articles written by people such as Cary Millsap etc. about space management. The problem is that most of this stuff was written a few years ago and I'm not sure how correct it is given todays storage systems.

In particular I'm wondering how relevant spending time load balancing your datafiles etc. given RAID systems can spread your file right throughout the Disk Array.

In this circumstance is there any advantage in having more than one datafile per tablespace for load balancing reasons?

Is there more up to date documentation around about these sorts of issues?

Any help and/or comments welcomed.

Regards,
Rowan McCammon.

--
Remove the anti-spam thingy to reply.

The opinions expressed are mine and not of my company. Received on Tue Jun 23 1998 - 01:46:30 CDT