JDBC Thin and OCI8 drivers

From: Krishnanand Khambadkone <krishna_at_inventa.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 14:35:09 -0500

I am running the sample Java applications (Employee.java) that come with the distribution for Oracle8. The Thin driver version runs fine. The OCI8 version is consistently failing with the error ORA-1017. I am running against a local database. I have also created an entry in tnsnames.ora that points to this instance.

Has anyone experienced the same.

Krish.