Re: Format of /etc/oratab file on Unix

From: Ken Friday <ken_friday_at_pleasantco.com>
Date: 22 Jun 1998 17:58:26 GMT

Just to add my two cents worth....... this file is used by only a couple of Oracle supplied shell scripts. You can extend the functionality of this file by adding fields referenced in your own shell scripts. Note that aside from the shell scripting this file is optional in Sql*Net 2.x and greater environments.

Ken F.

Venkat <vreddy@!no_spam!ix.netcom.com> wrote in article <6mgkme$pam_at_sjx-ixn3.ix.netcom.com>...