Resetting Cursors?

From: Lisa Lewis <lewis_at_med.pitt.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 11:30:03 -0400

Is there a way to reset a cursor without opening and closing it. I want to do a comparison of every row in a table with every other row in the table via 2 cursors (kind of like a double for loop). So I will want to fetch through all the records of the inner loop's cursor for every record in the outer loop's cursor. Can I just reset the inner cursor so that I don't have to open and close. I understand that opening the cursor causes the SQL statement associated with the cursor to execute. I don't want this to occur once for every record in the table. Any insight/solutions would be greatly appreciated.
(This post is related to a previous post) Thanks very much! Received on Mon Jun 22 1998 - 10:30:03 CDT