Oracle or SQL Server

From: Umar FArooq <umar.farooq_at_cressoft.com.pk>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 17:16:43 +0500

Hi!
I am working to prepare an RFP (Request For Proposal). I have to suggest which RDBMS to use. The choice is between Oracle and SQL Server. The database would be about 200 MB and the front end would be web-enabled being accessed simultaneously by about 50 users. A total of about 5000 users will be querying the database and would require an adhoc query tool (undecided). Can anyone suggest which RDBMS should be recommended. Also, what other considerations should be kept in mind. Plz. also tell me of a site which would give an unbiased comparison of Oracle and SQL Server.

Thx.

Umar
umar.farooq_at_cressoft.com.pk. Received on Mon Jun 22 1998 - 07:16:43 CDT